- Do you frequently experience remorse, depression,
or guilt about your sexual activity?
- Do you feel your sexual drive and activity is
getting out of control? Have you repeatedly tried to stop or reduce
certain sexual behaviors, but inevitably you could not?
- Are you unable to resist sexual advances, or turn
down sexual propositions when offered?
- Do you use sex to escape from uncomfortable
feelings such as anxiety, fear, anger, resentment, guilt, etc. which
seem to disappear when the sexual obsession starts?
- Do you spend excessive time obsessing about sex
or engaged in sexual activity?
- Have you neglected your family, friends, spouse
or relationship because of the time you spend in sexual activity?
- Do your sexual pursuits interfere with your work
or professional development?
- Is your sexual life secretive, a source of shame,
and not in keeping with your values? Do you lie to others to cover up
your sexual activity?
- Are you afraid of sex? Do you avoid romantic and
sexual relationships with others and restrict your sexual activity to
fantasy, masturbation, and solitary or anonymous activity?
- Are you increasingly unable to perform sexually
without other stimuli such as pornography, videos, "poppers,"
drugs/alcohol, "toys," etc.?
- Do you have to resort increasingly to abusive,
humiliating, or painful sexual fantasies or behaviors to get sexually
- Has your sexual activity prevented you from
developing a close, loving relationship with a partner? Or, have you
developed a pattern of intense romantic or sexual relationships that
never seem to last once the excitement wears off?
- Do you only have anonymous sex or one-night
stands? Do you usually want to get away from your sexual partner after
- Do you have sex with people with whom you
normally would not associate?
- Do you frequent clubs, bars, adult bookstores,
restrooms, parks and other public places in search of sexual partners?
- Have you ever been arrested or placed yourself in
legal jeopardy for your sexual activity?
- Have you ever risked your physical health with
exposure to sexually transmitted diseases by engaging in "unsafe" sexual
- Has the money you spent on pornography, videos,
phone sex, or hustlers/prostitutes strained your financial resources?
- Have people you trust expressed concern about
your sexual activity?
- Does life seem meaningless and hopeless without a
romantic or sexual relationship?